Thursday, October 14, 2010

Holiday Inspiration Boards

I am inspired by everything; sometimes to my own determent.  I get too many ideas and they need to be paired down to create a desired and focused vision.  For me to do this, I create inspiration boards.  These are the elements that will be incorporated into the event, space, window etc.  They are not always literal; as a matter of fact they rarely translate literally into the concept.  Below are a few inspiration boards for upcoming  holiday events.  Try making one for your next event, or if you are redesigning a room in your home.  Start with an image that grabs you, that moves you and makes you feel good.  Build around this image until you have a cohesive board to inspire your space or event.  Check back after the holidays for photographs of the events that were inspired by the boards.   

Pink Christmas  Morning Brunch



Red Traditional with a bit of whimsy holiday party

1 comment:

  1. Shannon your pink Chritmas morning brunch looks so fun.

    EVEN I FEEL inspired by the red tradition with a bit of whimsy holiday party. I know this is just the board but I ALREADY want to go this party!

    Looking forward to pictures after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete